In 1998,
- Tekken 3 was released
- Starcraft was released
- Unreal was released
- Metal Gear Solid was released
- Fallout 2 was released
- Pokemon red/blue was released
- Grim Fandango was released
- Half-Life was released
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was released
- Baldur's Gate was released
- Thief: The Dark Project was released
- The Game Boy Color came out
- Rockstar Games was founded.
The Wikipedia page
5 comments:
10 years. That's a long time. Ocarina was great. How many games have you actually played the last ten years? Do you know? ;)
Such numbers would far surpass my mortal mind...
How many games can there be, really? The engines are just about the same, the gameplay is just about the same, the storyline is just about the same.. that would make it.. ONE. :)
The only things that change are the amount of resources required to actually be able to run the game without crashing your computer, oh, wait, bugs do that too! And you can even crash with 640Kb.
So, what has changed? *shrug* ;)
I wouldn't say that gameplay and storylines are just about the same. Least of all storylines. Gameplay does tend to get standardized, but independent developers always try to push the boundries and try new things. As for storylines.. Well, I just have to point out the Monkey Island games and Grim Fandango. :)
Monkey Island was/is fantastic. A great story. And Zak, oh, and of course Goblins III.. ah, and UWII! You are right! Different stories, different engines, and years of fun :) My all time favorite is "The fashionic monster from Drammen", but it hasn't been written yet, it's all in my mind. Like the planet Ogo, where I hang out with the intellectual elite. No, wait, that was another story.. 12 monkeys. I tend to get confused. Or do I? Not sure. Fashionmonsters for all! :)
Post a Comment