Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The MMOs Repel Me

Last night I ended up downloading the Everquest II trial. I figured I could check it out to see for myself what the buzz is all about. I didn't get to start the patcher until today though, and I guess that was quite the bummer. I fired it up about 7 hours ago, and it said it'd finish in about 2 hours. Now it says there's 10 hours remaining. That's truly a wonderful first impression, especially since I suppose the patcher program is exactly the same as the one used in Pirates of the Burning Sea, which was a major pain in the ass for me. It repeated the same patch about 4-5 times before I could finally play, but I let that slide because it was a beta. EQ2 has no such excuse.

..I downloaded a 2Moons trial too, because it looked kind of pretty, but I wasn't allowed to play because I'm not a US resident. Of course they didn't care to tell me that BEFORE I downloaded the client.

No comments: