I enjoy MMORPGs. Most people who know me are quite aware of that fact. However, the fun factor of World of Warcraft diminished as my playtime grew, and I eventually gave it up. Then I tried taking it up again, then quit again. Then once more. After that I've been living a practically MMO-free life. I've done 7/14-day trials of several games, but haven't found one that really hooked me again.
Now, the current storyline of the webcomic Ctrl-Alt-Delete is about how the characters finally let the *main* character play Everquest II again, but only if he *only* plays with them as a group. This sparked two processes in my head, whereas one was to check out Everquest II and the other was to, if I actually gain a real interest in an MMO again, include my girlfriend. We played WoW together for a while, and that was fun. (On the other hand, there are plenty of offline multiplayer games, e.g. for consoles).
..on the flipside, the only interesting MMO right now seems to be EQ2, which has a game-items-for-dollars thing going. You can actually buy equipment straight from Sony. That's not a good thing at all.
Just some thoughts off the top of my head this Monday evening. Now I'm gonna watch Futurama.
No comments:
Post a Comment