The norwegian school system is going through yet another reform this year. This means laptops for all students, even those who don't really need them at all, and wireless networks all around. Now it seems they're having trouble with the networks at least around my hometown. I guess the ones behind this reform must be running around in a land of pixies, because so far I've only seen trouble. Last year's books are suddenly outdated, which means that everyone have to buy new books this year instead of used ones from other students. This also leaves students with loads of books they're no longer able to pass on/sell. In my maths class we're still using last year's books, which caused trouble as half the class couldn't get their hands on those books.
I hope things improve soon. There just doesn't seem to be focus on education anymore, most of the funds seem to me to be going to luxuries. Is Norway really a sinking ship?
No comments:
Post a Comment