What I need is the following:
- Ram (Borrowing 256mb pc2100 of a mate) Can run PC1600, 2100 and 2700.
- Hard Drive (I've got an ancient 3gb one plugged in now, but not sure if it works)
- CD-Rom
- Power Supply (How do I know what kind I need? Does 230w still do the trick?)
So a mate came over today, bringing some ram, an old hard drive (which we found out was broken), a CD-Rom and a Power Supply (230w). We set the computer up and started it up with an Ubuntu disc. Halfway in the loading screen the computer restarted. Then it did again. For a long time we believed it could be a faulty disc, but then I tried a boot without the CD, and it still restarted randomly. I have no idea what the problem can be, and any feedback would be wonderful.
We couldn't get much further because I had to go to work. Part II has no set date yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment