Dream Theater have connected alot of their albums by starting each album with the note the previous one ended with. Strangely enough I've never thought that perhaps King Crimson also have connected their albums somehow. The thought struck me today as I listened to Lizard, which is their third album. The title track has drums that reference (if nto copy entirely) The Devil's Triangle from their second album, In The Wake Of Poseidon. The Devil's Triangle furthermore has a clip from In The Court Of The Crimson King mixed into a part of the track. Their albums were also based on the basic elements of alchemy, the first being (air?), the second water and the third fire. This means it's time for me to start listening to their fourth album.
..but first I've got to play Arcanum. I fell in love with the game just by watching the intro, and the gameplay was fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment