Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Defragmenting...

Earlier today I finally reacted to my laptop being insanely slow lately. I started the Disk Defragmenter! True story! Unfortunately, 8 hours have passed and it's still far from finished. I want to sleep now, and thus I suppose I'll just have to cancel it. Come on, it's only 44gb! Hurry the bugger up!

In other news, I'm working on a tab/arrangement of The Extreme from FF8. Other sideprojects when I get the time will include a guitar tab for Gary Jules' Mad World and an arrangement of Liberi Fatali featuring Laguna's battle theme mixed in. I also want to try my hand on an arrangement of FFXI's bard songs.

..are there any FPS deathmatch maps based on anything from World of Warcraft?

Edit:
The defrag clocked in at 10 hours when it was done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I began to experience jerky performance while playing games and the fragmentation graph told me the drive was totally cluttered. (the bitter fruits of neglection)With the built in restarting and hanging and what not, i finally switched to a third party tool. Since the disease is getting to my drives real fast now, have used the automatic feature to run whenever it needs. No bother now.