This year I'm studying maths to have a better foundation when I go on to IT-studies next year. Today I've talked to a mate who started at NITH (Norges InformasjonsTeknologiske Høyskole), which is situated in Oslo and thus is a perfectly viable choice. Apparently it cost about 60k NOK a year. The most interesting branch there is called Interactive Design, and is built on 30% programming, 50% design and 20% communications. I don't even need the extra maths for that branch! There's also Webcommunications, which switches 10% of the design focus to communications, and otherwise seems very similar.
There's also the possibility of Webprogramming. That one does need the extra maths, which shouldn't be a problem by then (because I'll have passed the exam). There, the weight is on programming, naturally. It'll offer me more opportunities to learn the technical stuff, several programming languages and structure.
There are a couple of game design branches, but although I love gaming I don't really have faith in it as a career you can aim for at this level.
No comments:
Post a Comment