Last night I had what might have been the best meal of my life. It's a special recipe the missus and I tested out, based on a seafood-wok she read about somewhere. It's really quite simple, a dinner for two is easily made with two fillets (?) of chicken cut into little pieces and marinated in a mix of soy sauce and ketchup. Add a bag of vegetables, all stores nowadays have ready wok mixes. We tend to toss in mushrooms and those mini-corn thingies as well. To top it off, add a solid dose of shrimp. As for sauce, we use an "oyster & spring onion" sauce from the brand Blue Dragon. Not because it shares its name with a video game. This dish is served with rice. To make things easier, I'll list the ingredients below:
- 2x Chicken fillet
- 1 bag of vegetable wok mix
- 1 small box of mushrooms
- 1 box of small corn (what do you call those in english anyways?)
- 1 box of shrimp
- 2 bags of Blue Dragon's "Oyster & Spring Onion" sauce
- Ketchup
- Soy Sauce
- Rice for 4 portions, about 300g
I believe that's all. Feel free to correct me if I forgot anything.
Anyways, this is what I served my girlfriend yesterday when she came home from work. I also had a bottle of white wine lying around, a J.P. Chenet. It was so incredibly good. I still feel a hint of bliss just thinking about it.
1 comment:
Sounds nice, but i'd replace the ketchup with chilisauce, and add mango and fresh veggies. *drool*
/LukeB
Post a Comment