I realize that I haven't written about this in the blog yet. I've bought a new computer, or at least ordered. The "main" package came today, the chassis will most likely arrive tomorrow, and the power supply will most likely arrive between the 9th and the 14th of July. I bought a new mouse and an external disk (WD MyBook 500gb) with the package, as my old mouse broke and I need external/portable storage due to my abundance of computers. The mouse is a relatively simple Logitech.. uh, LX8. It's got a nice shape, and fits perfectly in my hand. No abundance of buttons I'll never use and only hit by accident, there's one button on each side of it in addition to the two basic ones and the scrollwheel. But now, let me list the entire package:
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ (3,2GHz)
- Graphics card: MSI nVidia 8800GT
- Memory: 2 sets of 2x1gb GeIL DDR2 ULTRA PC6400 DDR2 800MHz (in other words, 4x 1gb sticks)
- Motherboard: ASUS M3A78-EMH. This might not tell you anything at all, so here's a link as well.
- Hard drive: Samsung 320gb 7200rpm disk, nothing special.
- Some Samsung DVD-RW drive
- Power Supply: StealthXStream (It's got an X in its name, it's got to be cool) 600w
- Chieftec Case, just check it out here. It looks like it's made of awesome.
That's it. I'm gathering a list of games I need to try when I get it going. I'd check out Bioshock if it hadn't been for the frightening copy protection. I don't dare subject my computer to shit like that. I'll download the demo of
Dark Messiah of Might And Magic again, it ran poorly on my current computer, but I'm sure it'll be a dream to play on this new one. I might even (very likely) buy the whole game before I get the computer. There's been all this talk about Crysis, and I recently saw it for about about 20 bucks (150NOK) in the discount bin at the store. And of course, Assassins Creed is said to need a godly computer to run, so I should try to find a demo of that too.
Any other suggestions? I want to have as many "new" games as possible ready to test run my new rig.
No comments:
Post a Comment