I've always been horrible at completing projects.
Ever since I was a kid, dabbling with basic HTML and starting websites that I never got around to finish. This evolved to software projects, game concepts, novels (really), and was a habit I thought I was finally getting rid of when I started working with music.
What got me started with music was Dwelling of Duels (temporary website, due to issues with the hosting), and unlike earlier projects I actually had a deadline here (for those not familiar with DoD, you've got one month to record a track). This boosted my productivity alot, even though I've only participated a few times.
Recently, though, I've been starting up more projects than I can keep track of. A while ago someone told me to not force the track to completion if I feel completely stuck, and rather work with another project for a while. This is pretty much what I've been doing. The major disadvantage is the complete absense of instant gratification. I've got some awesome projects going, I know they'll rock when they're finished, but right now there's no satisfaction. There won't be for months.
In positive news, I've got an album in the works. It's about 60% finished, and I probably won't mention it again until it's done, but there you have it.
Well, that's it for this update, check out my website if you haven't already, I'm rather proud of the system I've got going there. And the music.
No comments:
Post a Comment