Wednesday, March 25, 2009
The Last.fm Changes
It's been decided that the last.fm radio will now be a subscriber-only feature, unless you live in Germany, UK or the US. The newspost around this wasn't as informative as I'd like, and it quickly drowned in hateful comments. I guess that's what you get when you give people a service for free, then suddenly request to get paid for it. Personally, I've never cared about the radio feature, but from what I can gather, this will severely limit the previews and free tracks as well. As it is now, I'm uploading my music on last.fm because I want people to have access to it for free. If they suddenly want people to pay for content I've made available for free, that's a conflict of interest. Also, with Spotify being free, I see no reason why anyone would want to pay for last.fm radio.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Interesting. I have read a lot of the comments, and what ppl react to is the distinction between the "elected three" and the "rest of the world". This is remarkable in many ways, because it is not that they have to pay for the services that causes havoc among the users, but that some do not have to pay, while others do, for the same services. What a bad marketing scheme.. this can only go wrong..
/LukeB
Post a Comment