Sunday, November 18, 2012

Knee Deep

The past 6 months have been strange. The unthinkable happened, I suddenly found myself interested in health and fitness.
It started out innocent enough, I started paying a bit more attention to what I ate and I started following the body weight training program called Convict Conditioning. The idea was that one didn't have to pay a shitload of money to start working out, one could do alot with just basic exercises without equipment (I did buy a pull-up bar, but that's it).
The thing is, I'm an intensely driven person. Things have escalated. I still don't let a stupid diet control what I eat and drink in social situations, because that usually just makes you look like an asshole and it's unnecessary anyways. I eat and drink what I want, but I've adapted my habits slowly (recently I've been eating rather lean, the staple of my diet being chicken, cottage cheese and beans, and oats for the remaining meals). I advanced from home training to weight training in the gym back in August.
I've always considered weight training a silly thing that only people with no "real" interests do. However, after I started working out I've gotten more curious as to how far I can push my own boundaries. That's where it started (well, that and an article written by Henry Rollins about the subject, titled The Iron. You should read it, it might just give you a whole new perspective). Lifting weights is the first form of training that's given me a real feeling of progress, and of doing something "real". I love it.
I set three goals for my initial lifting period: To lift my own body weight in the "big three" exercises (squats, deadlifts, bench press) before christmas.
Today is November 18th, and I achieved the second one today. One month left, one goal left. It should suffice.

So, that's it. No IT-related content, nothing about video games, nothing about music.
Well, to make up for that, I can share the fact that I'm working on some new tracks as well. My goal is to have an album ready by summer. No more details yet though, I'll share more as it all takes shape.

No comments: