I've realized that the copy of Final Fantasy: Advent Children released on DVD is nothing more than an early rough draft of the movie. By now, most people (myself included) have come to terms with the movie being a patchwork of cool action sequences. The plot never made any real sense, and important plot elements went unexplained.
Today I saw the "new and revised/extended" version, known as Advent Children Complete. They have added more scenes so the plot actually flows, in addition to having changed and extended some of the old scenes. The characters now get scratches and bruises, and the motorcycles have all gotten new paint jobs. At least I believe so, Fenrir (Cloud's bike) surely looks alot better this time around. Tseng and Elena, who are only seen in brief glimpses in the old version, are now participating in several scenes.
The climax of the movie has also been changed a bit, but I won't write any spoilers.
If I ever buy myself a Blu-Ray player, this movie will be the first one in my collection.
No comments:
Post a Comment