Changes
I recently got another job, this one at a hi-fi store, which will probably mean that I'll start dragging in texts and articles about amps and speakers I'll never afford. You are hereby warned.
Xiphos
I picked up my Ibanez SA260FM from service yesterday. I guess I've had it for almost two years now, and played it alot. Lately the sound has been sour, and it needed service badly. The techies in the store told me that the neck had been sorted out as much as possible, but it was still a bit bent/twisted. The guitar is still comfortable to play and all, but I haven't had the chance to unpack it and test it properly again yet. But to the point:
When I was in that store I saw a new guitar, an Ibanez that was kind of shaped like an X, really metal. It is called XPT700, the series is known as Xiphos. I brought the guitar to the amp room to try it out, and then I fell completely in love. The pickups, DiMarzio DeGenerator pickups, had such a wonderful sound! Apparently they're passive pickups that emulate active ones, and really manage to do it! And the neck was a dream!
It still had some cons though: The body shape meant that the guitar won't sit comfortably on your leg if you play it sitting, at least in my case. My right hand ended up at the beginning of the fretboard. People on the internet have complained about the placement of the strap pegs, although the pegs had been removed from the one I tried in the shop. Also, I don't get the reverse headstock. Really, why?
No comments:
Post a Comment